Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina and the MONSTER Waves


It's draft day! I drafted for my fantasy football league today. I couldn't be there to drink beer and eat pizza with the boys, so I got to do my drafting over instant messenger. Wow. That was rough. I think I did pretty well though. All things considering.

I worked today. Boring! We were incredibly slow. I cannot account for the reason. Maybe everyone was home watching the nonstop hurricane coverage. For those of you in New Orleans and the area: I am praying for your safety. Hopefully more people left than they are predicting. Over 100,000 idiots riding out the storm. My husband would say it is Darwin's theory in practice. I would have to agree with him on this one. If anyone thinks that sitting in a bowl shaped land mass while 20-30 foot storm surges pour over the levee walls with no where to go and 160+ mph winds obliterating the structures that have not been washed away is safe, they deserve to deal with the mess.

I have to admit that I am addicted to the news coverage of Katrina. They are touting this as the worst storm ever to hit the United States. We are in the storm's path. It won't be until Tuesday morning or so, but its supposed to dump 6+ inches on us. I will have to make sure we have everything off the basement floor near the drain.

Ok. So this is a lame post. I have no mental energy left to be creative today. Maybe more tomorrow.

No comments: