Sunday, July 23, 2006

Maternity Leave


"Enjoy your vacation!"

"What are you going to do with all of your time off?"

"Wow! Thanksgiving? Read a few books for me!"

These were actual comments I heard last night at work. You see, last night was my last night until hopefully after Thanksgiving. At 33 weeks, I threw in the working towel.

All of my fellow servers seemed jealous that I was going to have so much time off to myself. Ha. Ha. Ha. Myself? What is that concept? Oh yes, that is what I used to be before breathing life into a sticky, ringlet crested Klingon. Now the only myself time I get is when I use the restroom. If I am lucky, that is.

I chuckled after each good natured comment. I am thankful not to have to work anymore. I guess I should say that my back is most thankful. Lately, I have been reduced to crawling, very, very slowly, up the stairs to bed after a night at the restaurant. Tylenol does crap for back pain. Hell, any pain for that matter. Can I have my epidural now, please?

So my "vacation" looms before me. I have lists and lists of things I want done before The Deuce descends upon our domain. Nurseries need painted, cribs need assembled and floors need scrubbed. I am now a full time nester. I hope Dan is ready for the "Honey Do" list.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

please don't hurt me ;[>

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to help you.

If there is anything I can do from AZ let me know.

Don't work to hard, try and fit some ME time in.