Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bad Habits

When it comes to how you act and what you say, there is no magnifying glass more powerful than a two year old. She is the human form of the instant replay button on our TiVo remote. If we say it, she says it too, just seven seconds later.

I, allegedly, have a habit of calling Dan "Honey." I usually utter the phrase when I am trying to get his attention or preparing to ask him a question. Dan has brought this quirk to my attention many times, but I would laugh it off, blaming the selective ears somebody gave him as a wedding gift. It wasn't until today that I realized how often I must do it.

Aveline was in the living room and she wanted Dan to come play with her. Rather than toddle in and grab him, or call for "Daddy," she, in her sweetest voice, looked right at him and said "Honey. HonnnnEEEEE, cah-meeeer."

I now understand.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL!!!

Uncle Crappy said...

You are sooooo busted...

Anonymous said...

She learned from the best!