Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kung Fu is not for Sunday School


We learned an important lesson today. As the title says, Aveline needs to keep her skills to herself during church. I got pulled out of worship service because Aveline decided to kick(!) a girl for taking a toy vacuum. After being mortified that my child is bad, I dealt with it and Aveline said she was sorry and kissed the other girl. The teacher assured me that because Aveline was new to having so many kids around, it would take some time and patience to get her acclimated to how to behave in these situations. It made sense to me. She needs to practice her social skills, something that she has not had much opportunity to do since I have been a stay at home mom. We had some fun times at a play date this last weekend with some incredibly patient and loving friends in Central Ohio. We had a few issues with sharing and hitting, but she mellowed out after a few hours. Like dogs in the wild.

BTW. My camera is not broken, but our battery charger is. I will have some new photos up as soon as we repair/replace the charger. Lots of good ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to see you and the girls. We had a blast. See you in a few weeks.

love
Em

Christina said...

We were out of town this weekend, but if you ever want to get together for a playdate, let me know! My girls can always use the socialization practice, too!