Thursday, August 24, 2006

37 Week Check Up

I had a very uneventful check up today with my obstetrician. My blood pressure was 104/60. I gained 6 pounds this week...all water. I am swollen like road kill in the August sun. I have no ankles and the fat protrusions from my hands that more closely resemble knockwurst than what most of you call fingers. But I guess this is par for the waning days of gestation.

I'm still only 1 cm dialated and no where near being effaced. I would think all of these persistant contractions I have experience this week would have done something. It looks more and more like an induction on the 8th. We are finishing packing the bag tomorrow though, just in case.

The ultrasound was good. The Deuce is still head down and actually is facing my back. I did get to see a weird habit of hers that we've noticed during the last few sonograms. She likes to keep her left foot up by her ear while she sleeps. I guess she is quite the limber little baby, ain't she? I have no idea how that is comfortable.

All in all, I guess an uneventful visit is a good visit. No news is good news, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the picture you posted, I thought you were going to talk about a sausage craving!

Jessica said...

I can definately relate to the swelling. I had to stop wearing all of my rings and my watch band was even snug during the last month and a half with Gabe. Some people try and say that the heat plays a part in that, but I don't buy that at all. After all, Gabe was born in the very beginning of April!

I am very glad to hear that things are all going well. If you need anything or just want to chat, just e-mail me!

Em said...

Well despite maybe/probably being induced, it sounds like everything is going well (esp compared to your last pregnancy) - so glad to hear it!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you until the 8th!